Saturday, October 20, 2007

Late Night Prayer

Can't sleep. I know I should, but my mind's going a mile a minute. Its
self imposed anxiety. I hate saying goodbye to the kids. They don't seem
to comprehend just how long I'll be gone. Quite frankly, neither can I.

I'm sure once I'm on the plane and we're on our way, I'll be fine. But
the hours between then and now are stretching out before me. Do I have
everything? Doubtful, but we'll live. Two carry ons and two bags to
check. I like to travel light, so this is a lot of stuff for me.

I'm so glad Robert will be with me this time. He says I've been driving
him nuts the last few days. Don't know why or how, but I'm sure he's
probably right. Pray for peace for me. I want to learn the lessons God
has for me in this leg of the journey, but I'm afraid. There's a
grieving that takes place for leaving behind the life I've known with my
family of six. Adding one more will bring its own blessings and
challenges. Those of you who are so persuaded, pray for us.
Leslie

1 comment:

Lucia said...

Leslie, can't sleep? Whatever would keep you awake? :o)
As has been mentioned before, God goes before you as you get Kristina and He will stay behind for you with your family.
Praying for you and Robert and the other families! We share in your excitement!
Blessings ...