Sunday, May 04, 2008

God Loves TV?


I hum unconsciously all the time. My students will catch me and ask what song is playing in my mind. When I tell them "The Old Rugged Cross" or "The King is Coming", they remind me that I'm not at church. One of the things we miss about the Baptist church is the music. We have an old hymnal and these are the songs we sing during family devotions.

Yesterday we were headed to Cocoa Beach singing along with a CD of these songs when Kristina interrupted and asked, "Mom, why does God love TV?" A little puzzled, I glanced at her in the rear view mirror and asked, "What makes you think God loves TV?" "The song is singing about it," she replied. We laughed when we realized she was referring to the song playing: Love Lifted Me.

2 comments:

Melissa E. said...

!!! Love it !!!!

Scribbling Suit said...

You can always tell when the Baptist grandma has been here. R came out one morning singing "Jesus took my burdens all away..." It's our liturgy.