Thursday, November 22, 2007

On My Way

Tomorrow I will be heading back to Ukraine to claim my daughter and bring her home. We are glad that we chose to break the adoption into two trips. The two weeks since we left Ukraine have both flown by and dragged along. We are as prepared as we can be at this point. I managed to pack all my things in one carry-on this time (see, Kim, I can do it!). Traveling lighter will definitely make things easier. I need to stop by the store to get a few things in the morning, so I hope I don't get stuck in the Black Friday rush.

I'm thankful that I could spend the holiday with my family before flying out. Enjoying their turkey feast, the kids reflected that perhaps Kristina would enjoy Thanksgiving next year. I have no doubt she will. Please pray for traveling safety and for me and for grace and peace for my family that will stay behind. Pray that the last hurdles can be crossed quickly and that we can be back as soon as possible. Thank you for walking with us on this journey!

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Travel safely, Leslie. May your journey be full of blessings.

adoptedthree said...

Safe and happy travels!

Tami said...

Have a safe trip. I hope to hear all about it in person, soon! ;)

adopting2fromUkraine said...

Have a safe trip!

Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Kimbell and Mark said...

Get 'er home!!! We'll be praying for you! Can't wait till you're BOTH on US soil - you're probably looking forward to that too! XO

Kathy and Matt said...

Leslie,
Safe travels! Can't wait to hear that you and Kristina are on your way home.
You will be in my prayers as you work through this last stage in the process.

The Isbell Crew said...

We are praying for you as you travel. I have loved telling others your story---