Thursday, August 24, 2006

Not for the Faint of Heart

Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength;they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary. -Isaiah 40:31

I was in a completely different place at this time last week. Kristina was struggling with American school. She was struggling with the thought of going home in a matter of days. She was in a visible battle and it manifested itself in arguing, crying, and despair. I was shaken watching her go through this. I found myself walking a thin line between being the discipling mother and the compassionate keeper of her heart. By the end of the weekend, I had come to terms with the possibility that we may not be able to provide Kristina with what she needed to heal. I came to terms with the painful fact that we may not be the family that God would provide her with.

I had prepared myself to say, "Thy will be done" before Kristina ever set foot on American soil. I know God's will is perfect and that somehow this situation was so much bigger than this one little girl. Somewhere in the midst of this hectic week, the light began to shine through. Kristina's behavior at school improved, she started to make friends, she showed greater restraint of her emotions, and she loved us more freely than she has all summer. It's as though a peace has settled over her. I have found tremendous comfort in the fact that our Father has placed a hedge about this child. I know you are praying for her. I sense it. There are a few days ahead of us that I know full well may be filled with their own problems, but for now she is peaceful and happy. Please continue to pray for Kristina. Pray that our family would know God's will unquestionably concerning this child.

No comments: